Bucket List

I have some goals for portrait sessions that I would like to do someday:

  1. I'd like to do an engagement session at an amusement park. Amusement parks are intentionally picture perfect, but frequently difficult to take really good portraits at because the angles are wrong, or the focus already being towards the attraction. I'd like to play with these challenges.

  2. I'd like to do a couple/engagement session in a crowded place, like an outdoor market, festival, busy street downtown, etc. I guess the amusement park would fit this too, but the goals are for different photographic reasons. Couple's portraits always focus on the people, and so usually you try to get everyone else out of the picture. I'd like to experiment with still getting the focus towards the people intended, but also having others in it.

  3. I'd like to do a portrait session with someone who has a lot of tattoos. And I mean, a lot. I'd never get a tattoo myself, but I think they are fascinating. I've seen some very artistic tattoo photography, and I'd like to try my hand at it.

  4. I'd like to do a session in a snow-covered field. If possible, I wouldn't want any, or at least as few as possible, footprints in the picture. Also, I'd like the people in the image to be elegantly dressed. And I want some of the images to have a chair in it. I don't know where this idea came from, but it appeals to me.

  5. I'd like to do a session with someone wearing really stylized and bizarre make-up. Preferably a girl, and it would be cool if the outfit were also a little over the top. I guess Lady Gaga would be an ideal example, but I would like the person underneath the make-up to be a little more normal.

If your photographic needs or whims fit any of these goals, let me know, I'd by SO happy to be your photographer.